The PhD Council needs you!
Due to a number of graduations, the RMeS PhD Council is looking for new members. The Council meets twice a year and organizes one network event each year. The Council represents the PhD community in the RMeS Advisory Board and gets to evaluate and discuss the direction of the Research School for Media Studies.
Joining the PhD Council is also a great way to get to know PhD’s from other universities in your field of study and broaden your network.
We are currently looking for new members of the Council from:
- Radboud University Nijmegen
- Utrecht University
- VU University Amsterdam
- University of Amsterdam
- University of Leiden
Each of these universities has one seat in the PhD Council.
If you are interested in a position, or just want to ask some more questions, please let us know by sending an e-mail before February 28, with your name, current title of your PhD, and what year of your contract you are in, if applicable (no resume’s or motivation letters required) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the case of more than one applicant for a single position, the current PhD Council will select a council member from the candidates based on:
- Research subject (we aim to have council members from as wide a range of different areas of media studies as possible);
- Diversity (we aim to have a council that represents the PhD community as best as possible);
- Phase of PhD (ideally new members would be able to join the council for at least a year);
- Type of contract (we aim to have the council represent the different kinds of PhD’s in RMeS (inside/outside-PhD’s)).
We hope to hear from you.
RMeS PhD Council