ACE producers is an exclusive network of experienced independent film producers from Europe and beyond.
Producers with proven experience in their own countries are welcomed into the network after completing the ACE programme of advanced training, which consists of three workshops during one year. The training asserts the position and unique responsibilities of the producer throughout the whole process of a project’s development, production, marketing and delivery to audiences.
Between 16 and 20 new producers are selected each year for the ACE programme. Training is provided with the help of consultants who have notably strong track-records in story development, project financing and international distribution. Senior members of the ACE Producers network also participate as consultants, sharing their international experience and knowledge.
Founded in 1993, ACE Producers now has close to 200 members from more than 45 countries. Network members gather for further training and professional events at all major festivals and markets during the year, and regularly co-produce with each other.
The role of the research intern is to gather data on the monetary power of all of ACE’s members – demonstrating the importance, in financial terms, of what these producers represent. ACE has close to 200 producers making a number of films per year – the combined turnover of these producers’ companies is substantial. To help make the role of producers respected and influential in the world of politics and economics, it is important to make clear to politicians and decisionmakers how many jobs producers create and how much money they feed back into the system.
What needs to be calculated: how many people are employed by ACE members each year, how many days work do ACE producers pay, how much money goes back into the system, how many films have they made in the past year, where were they distributed, what was their turnover.
This information will allow ACE Producers to show the power of independent producers demonstrating that they are a force within the industry at large.
- Research on the exact needs, and create an accurate questionnaire;
- Contact all active ACE producers and collecting data;
- General online research on films and producers;
- Gather and disseminate intelligence on all relevant information;
- Provide insight on collection of data and write elaborate report.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Interested and some experience in researching and data mining;
- Must be proactive, motivated, highly-organised and a self-starter with strong attention to detail;
- Must be numerate and have ability to analyse research data and provide analysis;
- Knowledge on the film and the cinema industry a plus;
- Team player with ability to work independently and with multiple projects;
- Strong written skills a must;
- Available to potentially travel abroad;
- Strong international knowledge and interest;
- Fluency in English is necessary;
- Any other European language is a plus;
- Highly proficient in use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Starting date: 16th of April (but flexibility)