Each spring, the Research School for Media Studies offers a Trending Topics course where faculty members from eight participating universities (UvA, UU, VU, EUR, UL, UM, RUG, RUN) present the latest research in their fields of interest through a series of lectures and workshops. The course invites RMA students to participate in an international, cutting edge research environment, while earning credits towards their degree. It presents a unique opportunity to get to know other students and leading academics from all over The Netherlands, in an open setting of engaging and ambitious exchange that would prove particularly fruitful for students who are aspiring to pursue a future career in academic research or teaching. All eight universities accept the credits earned in this module.
- RMeS Workshop: Renegade audiences? Understanding and exploring the practices of toxic fans, vigilantes, trolls, and provocateurs
- RMeS Winter School & Graduate Symposium 2020-21
- RMeS RMa Course: Trending Topics – Engaging Objects
- [urban interfaces] seminar 2020-2021: Interfacing the (In)Formal City
- RMeS RMa Course: Fake News, Conspiracy Theories, Disinformation and the Media